A Different Angle
Beginners Level classes are required before moving on
to more advanced Aerial classes.
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR AERIAL CLASSES IS REQUIRED. You may sign up online or call to register.
In Aerial Yoga, you will move through the same basic elements of a floor practice, except you will be elevated in a fabric hammock or using the hammock for alignment. Start with a Beginners class which will cover all of the basic wraps of Aerial Yoga, then expand into more advanced classes that explore variations that will deepen your practice.
Benefits of Aerial Yoga:
- Move more fluidly and attain proper alignment naturally
- Decompress the neck and spine and practice with less pressure on hands, neck, shoulders and joints
- Achieve more advanced postures while being supported
- Practice inversions without risk of injury to neck or spine
How do I prepare for an Aerial Yoga class?
- You can bring a yoga mat to class, but it is not necessary.
- Do not use hand lotion or sunscreen before class.
- Do not wear jewelry, belts, or clothing with grommets, gems, or anything that could potentially snag the fabric.
- Clothing that is not slippery or baggy is recommended.
- Avoid eating or drinking an hour prior to class.
- Please observe good personal hygiene in consideration for the cleanliness of the hammock.
Please talk to the instructor before attending class if you have any medical issues that prevent you from inverting (glaucoma, heart condition, etc.) or putting pressure on your skin. If you have a spinal injury or medical condition, check with your doctor first. All students are required to complete a release waiver prior to class.
Weight limit = 350 lbs