Yoga – it’s a practice that is both physical exercise (helping improve toning, stamina, posture, strength, balance and flexibility), as well as a discipline that helps you de-stress, relax, feel healthier and more energetic. The best way to know if yoga is for you is to give it a try.
Our 4-week Beginners Yoga Series is designed to take away the worries from your first yoga class and make your introduction to yoga an enjoyable experience.
You’ll learn what yoga is, where it came from, how to start your practice and how it can impact your life. This series is for the absolute beginner or the student somewhat new to yoga that wants a deeper introduction. For ages 12+.
Mondays, February 8th – March 1st, 7:00 – 8:00PM
(2/8, 2/15, 2/22 & 3/1)
You can choose to participate either IRL (In Real Life) or VIRTUALLY (via Zoom from your home).
OPTION 1 – IRL (In Real Life) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes studio, 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1. This version of the four weekly classes is limited to only 9 spots in order to allow for proper social distancing of 6 feet or more between participants. Masks must be worn at all times.
OPTION 2 – VIRTUAL (via Zoom). In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before class begins each week. You will be able to see and hear our instructor, but you will not be able to talk to her during the class.
*Four weeks of unlimited yoga (2/8-3/7) is included in your Beginners Series, so take all the yoga you want while you grow your practice! We offer a variety of classes every day, with options to participate IRL or VIRTUALLY.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Yoga mat. We are not able to rent out yoga mats at this time. Manduka mats are available for purchase in our retail shop; attendees of our Beginners Series get 10% off yoga mats purchased by the 1st day of the series.
- Bottled water.
- Two blocks and a blanket. If you do not have them and wish to buy them from us, we will have them ready for you before the first night. $20 for the bundle. Just email us (email@example.com) to make arrangements to pay and pick up before the first class.
A FEW TIPS:
- Plan to arrive 15-30 minutes early the first night in order to get checked in, familiarize yourself with the studio and take advantage of the mat discount if you choose.
- Wear comfortable clothing. The room will not be heated (beyond normal comfort level for November temps), but it’s nice to be able to shed layers if you build up too much heat (and put them on again for savasana!).
- It’s best to have something in your stomach before class, but not a full, heavy meal right before it.
- If you don’t have Zoom on the device (phone, laptop or computer) you will be using to live stream the class, plan for time to download Zoom and create a free account well before class begins.
Keep in mind that patience, commitment to showing up on your mat, listening to your body and being ‘present’ are more important than being able to balance in tree pose for 2 minutes. Enjoy the experience, keep practicing and you won’t be a beginner for very long!