Yoga – it’s a practice that is both physical exercise (helping improve toning, stamina, posture, strength, balance and flexibility), as well as a discipline that helps you de-stress, relax, feel healthier and more energetic. The best way to know if yoga is for you is to give it a try.
Our 4-week Beginners Yoga Series is designed to take away the worries from your first yoga class and make your introduction to yoga an enjoyable experience.
You’ll learn what yoga is, where it came from, how to start your practice and how it can impact your life. This series is for the absolute beginner or the student somewhat new to yoga that wants a deeper introduction. For ages 12+.
Mondays, October 4th – 25th, 7:00 – 8:00PM
(10/4, 10/11, 10/18 & 10/25)
You can choose to participate either IRL (In Real Life) or VIRTUALLY (via Zoom from your home).
OPTION 1 – IRL (In Real Life) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes studio, 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1. This version of the four weekly classes is limited in size, so pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
OPTION 2 – VIRTUAL (via Zoom). In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before class begins each week. You will be able to see and hear our instructor, but you will not be able to talk to her during the class.
*Four weeks of unlimited yoga (10/4-10/31) is included in your Beginners Series (a $115 value), so take all the yoga you want while you grow your practice! We offer a variety of classes every day, with options to participate IRL (In Real Life) or VIRTUALLY (via Zoom).
WHAT TO BRING:
- Yoga mat. Manduka mats are available for purchase in our retail shop; attendees of our Beginners Series get 10% off yoga mats purchased by the 1st day of the series.
- Bottled water.
- Two blocks and a blanket are suggested to start your practice. If you attend IRL and don’t have these, you can borrow ours at the studio. If you attend Virtually, please be sure to have them ready. We have items available for purchase at the studio – if you would like to buy them and pick up, please stop by after one of our classes.
A FEW TIPS:
- Plan to arrive 15-30 minutes early the first night in order to get checked in, familiarize yourself with the studio and take advantage of the 10% yoga mat discount if you choose.
- Wear comfortable clothing. The room will not be heated beyond normal comfort level, but it’s nice to be able to shed layers if you build up too much heat (and put them on again for savasana!).
- It’s best to have something in your stomach before class, but not a full, heavy meal right before it.
- If you don’t have Zoom on the device (phone, laptop or computer) you will be using to live stream the class, plan for time to download Zoom and create a free account well before class begins.
Keep in mind that patience, commitment to showing up on your mat, listening to your body and being ‘present’ are more important than being able to balance in tree pose for 2 minutes. Enjoy the experience, keep practicing and you won’t be a beginner for very long!
Have questions about starting a yoga practice? Check out our FAQ page: https://dimitrayoga.com/faqs/