The ancient healing science of Ayurveda considers food to be more than just nourishment for the physical body…
It is viewed as “the most superior medicine,” essential for balancing our jathara agni, or digestive fire, preventing and managing dis-ease, and inviting prana into the body.
In an ayurvedic kitchen, it is believed that the energy or “mood” of the cook preparing the meal becomes as much a part of the dish as the ingredients and spices that are used. Therefore, cooking and preparing food are seen as spiritual practices that, much like the practices of yoga, involve mindfulness, meditation, positive thoughts, and right action. Cooking in this way infuses the food with peace, positive energy, and healing prana—essential for satiating body, mind, and spirit.
In this workshop, students will learn to connect with the sacred and therapeutic nature of cooking, eating, and preparing food through simple practices that calm the mind and optimize digestion by stimulating digestive enzymes and activating the parasympathetic nervous system. Students will also learn to choose ingredients and spices to balance and support their individual constitutions, especially during this time of seasonal transition. Prepare to leave with some tasty and simple Ayurvedic recipes as well as mindfulness tools and cooking tips to establish your own daily food sadhana, or spiritual practice.
- Bring paper and pen for note taking.
- Open to members and non-members.
- No yoga experience necessary.
Choose to participate IRL or Virtually:
- Option 1 – IRL (In Real Life!) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes, located at 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1.
- Option 2 – Virtual via Zoom. In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before the workshop begins. You will be able to see and hear Alex, but you will not be able to talk to her during the class. *If this day/ time doesn’t work into your schedule, you can still participate because everyone who signs up for the virtual option will receive a recording of the session, allowing you to watch it when you have time later that day or the next! (the recording automatically deletes after 48 hours) Need more instruction on how to attend via Zoom? Read more here: https://dimitrayoga.com/online-class-guide/
$30 per person for Annual + Autopay Members
$35 per person for all others