Self Myofascial Release is a practice that uses tools to target the fascia within your body.
When applied, we can:
• begin to unwind areas of holding, tension, and stress.
• improve blood flow and circulation.
• improve range of motion and enhance mobility.
• become more relaxed and at ease within the body.
Our workshop begins with an intro to the fascia as well as some background on myofascial release for yoga students, teachers, etc.
Myofascial release techniques can be a very helpful adjunct to a yoga practice to help with a range of motion, injuries, scar tissue, tension, muscle recovery (for athletes) or muscle function.
In this workshop, you will learn how to use self myofascial release techniques, what to avoid and the goals of this work. Then you will be guided through specific techniques that you can utilize anytime to help alleviate plants fasciitis, help strengthen and release your feet.
- 2 MFR balls (or tennis balls)
- 1 yoga block
- 1 blanket
- 1 yoga mat
- A wall
If you attend IRL and don’t have these, you can borrow ours at the studio. If you attend virtually, please be sure to have them for the workshop. We have all items available for purchase at the studio – if you would like to buy them and pick up before the workshop date, please email the studio or ask after a class. Or, you can purchase the MFR balls online with this link:
Choose to participate IRL or Virtually:
- Option 1 – IRL (In Real Life!) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes, located at 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1. Space is limited, so please enroll early.
- Option 2 – Virtual via Zoom. In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before class begins each week. You will be able to see and hear our instructor but you will not be able to talk to them during the class. *If this day/ time doesn’t work into your schedule, you can still participate because everyone who signs up for the virtual option will receive a recording of the class, so you can watch it when you have time that day or the next! (each recording automatically deletes after 48 hours) Need more instruction on how to attend via Zoom? Read more here: https://dimitrayoga.com/online-class-guide/
✨ Open to members and non-members.
$35 per person for Annual + Autopay Members
$40 per person for all others