Self Myofascial Release is a practice that uses tools to target the fascia within your body.
Fascia, pronounced “fash-ya,” is the network of connective tissue in your body. It’s integral to the health of our bodies, and can be the culprit in hundreds of pain and mobility issues.
For some, the goal in maintaining fascial health, is a quality about being more flexible. And for others, this means being stronger and more stable. With that comes all the feelings associated with ease, power, comfort, confidence, and stability.
Self myofascial release (SMFR or MFR) is a practice that uses tools, like various balls & foam rollers, to target the fascia within your body. When applied, we can:
- begin to unwind areas of holding, tension, and stress.
- improve blood flow and circulation.
- improve range of motion and enhance mobility.
- become more relaxed and at ease within the body.
So as you can see, it goes a lot deeper than movement or mobility.
Great! In this workshop you will target some key areas in the body, starting with your feet and go all the way up to your neck and head. Afterwards… well, we are sure that you will feel just perfect afterwards!
Dimitra has been teaching MFR for over a decade to students that want to just feel better in their own body, to athletes that want to perform better, and to people with injuries or recovering from one. Join her for this workshop and see what all the hype is about!
You will need:
- A yoga mat
- 2 Recovery Round Balls OR 2 Tennis Balls
- 1 Block
- 1 Tube Sock
(For those attending IRL, balls and blocks may be borrowed from the studio, but please bring your own tube sock).
If you plan to practice Virtually from home, please have props ready at the start of the workshop. If you are interested in purchasing these for your home practice, you can do so at the studio before or after classes. To purchase RAD balls (with a discount) – or to learn more about RAD, https://go.referralcandy.com/share/SKP947M.
- All levels welcome!
- No prior yoga experience necessary.
- Open to members and non-members.
- Dress in comfortable clothing.
Choose to participate IRL or Virtually:
- Option 1 – IRL (In Real Life!) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes, located at 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1. Space is limited, so please enroll early.
- Option 2 – Virtual via Zoom. In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before the workshop begins. You will be able to see and hear our instructor but you will not be able to talk to them during the class. Need more instruction on how to attend via Zoom? Read more here: https://dimitrayoga.com/online-class-guide/
$35 per person for Annual + Autopay Members
$40 per person for all others