Saturdays at 8am
FREE! for the month of May (5/9, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30)
Everyone likes story-time, right? Story-time yoga is like regular story-time but when we come to an animal or something else we know from yoga, we come into that pose, and then jump back to the story.
Yoga is a discipline that can lead children on the path toward a calm and balanced mind as well as help them build a strong and flexible body- tools they can use in their everyday lives. Without realizing it children are learning techniques to help their bodies become healthier, stronger and more relaxed.
Some of the benefits of yoga for children are:
- Helps balance mind and body
- Instills confidence with new challenges and experiences
- Increases strength and flexibility
- Builds self-esteem
- Promotes self discipline
- Teaches techniques to help build focus and attention
- Maintains and builds a healthy and flexible spine
- Builds breathing awareness
- Teaches respect, compassion and sharing
- Teaches how to find a sense of calmness and self control
Appropriate for children 2-6 years old.
No props needed – just your imagination!
30 minute class via Zoom
$10 per class
Led by Stephen Kastner who holds a MS Exercise Science, MA Community Counseling and 200HR certified yoga instructor.