Self Myofascial Release is a practice that uses tools to target the fascia within your body.
Hip Mobility Workshop:
With a focus on Glutes, Piriformis & Psoas
When applied, we can:
- Release tension.
- Improve blood flow and circulation.
- Improve range of motion (flexibility).
- Build strength.
Think of your glutes as the nuclear power station that gives power to the rest of your body. Everything from walking, to doing push-ups, to lifting heavier things overhead is stabilized by the glute muscles. If they’re not strong, everything else is compromised. And then we have the hip joint, which is one of the most flexible joints in the human body. Our hips store a lot of tension and if you sit at a desk for work, chances are you probably have tight hips. So join us if you’d like to learn how to release, fire up & strengthen your hips!
Why is hip mobility important?
When these muscles become tight, they become weak, which negatively affects our ability to walk, maintain proper posture, and stability in the spine. Stretching these muscles helps to relieve tension, improve range of motion, build strength and improve circulation. It can also help you avoid hip and back pain.
Our workshop will consist of anatomy, MFR (myofascial release), strengthening and stretching.
Learn how to use SMFR (self myofascial release) to help stimulate the stretch reflex in these muscles and lengthen connective tissue and how to incorporate hip mobility poses into your yoga routine.
- 2 MFR balls (or tennis balls)
- 1 MFR Centre ball
- 1 yoga block
- 1 blanket
- 1 yoga mat
If you attend IRL and don’t have these, you can borrow ours at the studio. If you attend virtually, please be sure to have them for the workshop. We have all items available for purchase at the studio if you would like to buy them and pick up before the workshop date, please email the studio or ask after a class. Or, you can purchase the MFR balls online here. »
Choose to participate IRL or Virtually:
- Option 1 – IRL (In Real Life!) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes, located at 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1. Space is limited, so please enroll early.
- Option 2 – Virtual via Zoom. In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before class begins each week. You will be able to see and hear our instructor but you will not be able to talk to them during the class. *If this day/ time doesn’t work into your schedule, you can still participate because everyone who signs up for the virtual option will receive a recording of the class, so you can watch it when you have time that day or the next! (each recording automatically deletes after 48 hours) Need more instruction on how to attend via Zoom? Read more here: https://dimitrayoga.com/online-class-guide/
✨ Open to members and non-members.
$45 per person.
10% off for Annual + Auto Pay Members.