We are all students and teachers, every day, in many ways. Yoga helps us get clear on who we are and manifest our truest selves as individuals inside our communities. If a sense of discovery is calling you to deepen your yoga experience, whether your intention is to boost your knowledge or to teach yoga to others, this unique and empowering training will guide you on a path of exploration.
The Dimitra Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is both a first-rate professional training program and powerful personal development course. Welcome to the first step in discovering the deep sense of purpose that unfolds from leading others. Leave feeling confident, connected and changed for the better.
Our program has been developed over 2 decades and consists of a combination of in person & online hours, with the majority being in person. It uniquely blends the eastern and western teachings of yoga with today’s most current and practical applications. Dimitra Yoga’s approach is anchored in a deep understanding of the body and biomechanics, and goes far beyond teaching poses alone.
Dimitra Yoga’s Teacher Training isn’t about memorizing and reciting a rigid sequence. Our program is rooted in a logical framework that honors traditional lineage, but also encourages fluidity and the freedom of expression! You will learn skillful vinyasa sequencing built on a foundation of artful cueing, an advanced study of asana, a deep understanding of anatomy, and the philosophical underpinnings of yoga. As a Dimitra Yoga graduate, you will leave the training with a solid understanding of how to use creative, well-rounded sequencing to inspire others with an authentic voice and a deep sense of integrity.
You will be empowered with tools that facilitate personal growth and deeper, more authentic connections with others. Take your yoga off the mat as you develop new and lasting friendships, and a renewed sense of acceptance for yourself.
COURSE CURRICULUM (consists of, but not limited to):
- Teaching Methodology
- Professional Development
- Techniques, Training, & Practice
- Anatomy, Physiology & Biomechanics
- Breathwork (Pranayama) & Subtle Body (Chakras, etc)
- Yoga Humanities (History, Philosophy, & Ethics)
- Meditation Techniques
- Mantras & Mudras
- Intro to Ayurveda
- Business of Yoga
Unlimited yoga is included for the teacher trainees during the length of the program.
Upon completion, students will be eligible to register as a RYT-200 with Yoga Alliance.
Just email us at email@example.com to request an application. We will respond within 48 hours of your request.
Dimitra Yoga is a vinyasa based school that teaches a method that balances precise instruction, detailed alignment, breath and meditation. You will learn how to curate classes carefully themed to deepen the students’ experience of yoga. A flow of postures, skillfully sequenced and modifications and props that can be used to individualize the practice for each student. Our program is based on this clear and effective style of practice, which can be paced from gentle to moderate to vigorous, depending on the level of the class. At Dimitra Yoga, we have been leading yoga teacher trainings for over 10 years, with over 100 graduates. Our program is considered a well respected one in the yoga world.
We require that you have a basic practice, but most importantly, you have a thirst to learn more about yoga and how to teach. Please be aware that each training day includes a 2+ hour class.
In addition to making lifelong friends and deepening your experience of yoga, you will study the following topics:
- Asana – learn the safe and intelligent way to perform poses and contraindications of the physical postures
- Alignment – with modifications, variations and proper use of props
- Sequencing – explore the science & art of how to design dynamic, effective and intelligent sequencing for all levels
- Working with different kinds of bodies / students
- How to observe bodies in practice
- Working with injuries and limitations
- Practice teaching
- Learn how to teach online and in person
- Anatomy – understand the principles of anatomy and body mechanics
- Pranayama – breathing techniques
- Mindfulness – meditation techniques
- Subtle body / chakras – see and interpret how energy moves through the bodyIntro to Ayurveda
- The history and philosophy of yoga (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
- The business of yoga and how to be successful as a student / teacher
- Cultivate your voice: both as a teacher and an individual
- Build confidence through practice teaching
No problem! Our training is for those who delve deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It’s also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and be a part of our thriving yoga community.
We recommend that you check with your physician first. With their permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students of similar limitations.
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling and make sure you are cleared by your doctor to participate in the training.
In order to graduate from the program, you must be paid in full and fulfill the following requirements:
- Attendance of in class teacher training sessions
- Successful completion of homework and quizzes (don’t worry, you will be well prepared!)
- Participation in a final in-class practice teaching practicum
- Completion of class taking requirements
Yes! You will have a free unlimited yoga membership and full access to the regularly scheduled yoga classes (both in person and virtually) from the first to the last day of the teaching program.
Our DY TT digital manual is included, but you will need to purchase additional required books (est cost about $100). A list will be emailed to you prior to the start of the program.
We typically have between 6 – 12 individuals per graduating class.
We require that you complete all hours of the teacher training; however, we understand that sometimes conflicts arise and we have developed a make up policy listed below.
Attendance Policy: You can miss a maximum of 20 training hours, all of which must be made up by the last day of your training. If you miss more than 20 hours or do not complete your make-up hours by the end of the training, you will receive a not-passing status and will be required to pay in full to retake the training. At the end of each day, if you miss class, you will be required to complete a makeup assignment.
- Makeup Option 1: Zoom recordings and written assignments. You may watch the recorded videos of the zoom sessions within 7 days and return the following written assignment for the days missed: a brief outline of the material covered and your 3-5 biggest take-aways from the content covered. Please be aware that the videos will only be available for 7 days before being deleted, so do not delay!
- Makeup option 2: private session with your trainer at some point during the program. The cost of a private session is $100 per hour. After a week when the recorded video is no longer available, your only option will be to complete your missed time via a private session.
- 1 hour private session = up to 4 hours of missed time
- 2 hour private session = up to 8 hours of missed time
- 3 hour private session = up to 12 hours of missed time
- 4 hour private session = up to 16 hours of missed time
- 5 hour private session = up to 20 hours of missed time
Tardiness and leaving early: In order to receive credit for attending the day, you must arrive on time and stay present for the full duration of the day. There may be times you have to arrive late or leave early and you are allotted two 10 minute grace periods over the course of the training. When possible, please notify the instructor in advance. If you are late or leave early more than two times, on the third time, you will not receive credit for the day and you will need to make up the day according to the makeup policy.
Expect to spend 3-4 hours per week on homework. It is designed to support material covered in class and help you integrate what is presented into your own practice and teaching. If you are not planning on teaching after this course, you may choose not to complete all of the homework assignments and take the course for non credit. However, if you wish to receive your Yoga Teacher Training Certification, you must attend all sessions and complete all homework.
Yes! With the successful completion of all the requirements of the program, including contact hours, homework and assignments, you will receive your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Graduates of the 200 hour program usually begin teaching with private clientele (friends and family), gyms, or yoga studios. This training is a thorough, professional training for becoming a highly skilled yoga teacher. It rounds out and solidifies a teacher’s complete education.
Fri 12/9/22 6 pm – 9 pm
Sat 12/10/22 8 am – 6 pm
Sun 12/11/22 8 am – 6 pm
Sat 1/14/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sun 1/15/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sat 2/11/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sun 2/12/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sat 3/11/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sun 3/12/23 8 am – 6 pm
Fri 3/31/23 6 pm – 9 pm
Sat 4/1/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sun 4/2/23 8 am – 6 pm
Fri 4/28/23 6 pm – 9 pm
Sat 4/29/23 8 am – 6 pm
Sun 4/30/23 8 am – 6 pm
If you are ready to sign up (and for any other questions), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the Dimitra Yoga 2022-2023 Teacher Training Application.
Email or send your completed application with $500 non-refundable deposit toward your tuition (deposit will be refunded to you if training fills up).
Enrollment is limited. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible (and no later than the Early Bird deadline of 11/1/22), to hold your spot. Applications received after November 1, 2022, will be considered as space in the program allows.
We recommend applicants have at least one year of consistent yoga practice.
Option 1 | Early Bird | $3,000
Register and pay in full by November 1, 2022.
Includes $500 non-refundable deposit, and you are saving $300 off regular tuition!
Option 2 | Regular Tuition | $3,300
Pay after November 1, 2022 and before the start of the program (by December 9, 2022).
Must register and provide a $500 non-refundable deposit by November 1, 2022.
Option 3 | Payment Plan | $3,400
Pay 5 monthly installments of $580 from December 2022 through April 2023. (Installments are due on the 1st of each month.)
Must register and provide a $500 non-refundable deposit by November 1, 2022 + first installment of $580 (total $1,080) by December 9, 2022.
*$500 non-refundable deposit is due with your application. Your payment is due in full by the early bird registration date in order to receive the discounted rate.
If you are paying by check, please mail the application with your check to: Dimitra Yoga, 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1, Lewes, DE 19958. Please put “200 HR YTT” in the memo line of your check.
You can also pay via Venmo to @DimitraYoga.
*If you are not accepted into the program, your down payment will be refunded to you. Under no circumstances will refunds be administered once the program starts. All instances are subject to approval/denial by instructors of the program.
Please fill out this form to begin the application process.
Contact us at events@dimitraYOGA.com