This special 2hr workshop is offered monthly, with different poses and focus each time.
Restorative yoga is about letting your body and mind unwind. It’s more of a meditation practice than a movement practice.
When your life is racing full-speed ahead, so is your mind. Restorative yoga helps provide that physical and mental balance to prevent stress and anxiety. With the assistance of props (blocks, bolsters, blankets), we will hold supported passive postures for a few minutes each, using no muscular effort. The focus is on releasing the grip of muscular and inner tension so you can be more spacious and receptive. Explore what happens when you slowly release unnecessary habitual tension in the body and mind. Our restorative session will end with a calming Yoga Nidra.
Yoga Nidra is a systematic method for total relaxation. It means “Sleep of the Yogis” and has also been aptly called the “Zero Stress Zone” and “Relaxing into Greatness.” At the height of practice, the subconscious – where our deepest tensions are stored – becomes relaxed and open. You’ll be guided into a familiar state of mental twilight between wakefulness and sleep, known to neuroscientists as “theta.” Practitioners of Yoga Nidra describe a floating feeling of luscious comfort, safety, and well-being, and have a decreased sense of linear time passing.
Some Benefits of Yoga Nidra include:
- Deep relaxation during the practice and afterwards
- Cultivation of a clearer and more positive mindset during active life
- Improved sleep
- Alleviation of diseases associated with stress (such as hypertension)
✨ All levels welcome!
✨ No prior yoga experience necessary.
✨ Open to members and non-members.
- 2-4 blocks
- 2 blankets
- 1 bolster (or 2 sofa pillows)
Choose to participate IRL or Virtually:
- Option 1 – IRL (In Real Life!) at dimitraYOGA, Lewes, located at 17437 Ocean One Plaza, Suite 1. Due to the numerous props we use, the number or participants is limited. Enroll early to reserve your spot!
- Option 2 – Virtual via Zoom. In this case, a link will be sent to your email about 30 minutes before class begins each week. You will be able to see and hear our instructor but you will not be able to talk to them during the class. *If this day/ time doesn’t work into your schedule, you can still participate because everyone who signs up for the virtual option will receive a recording of the class, so you can watch it when you have time that day or the next! (each recording automatically deletes after 48 hours) Need more instruction on how to attend via Zoom? Read more here: https://dimitrayoga.com/online-class-guide/
If you attend IRL and don’t have the props needed, you can borrow ours at the studio. If you attend virtually, please be sure to have them for the workshop. We have all items available for purchase at the studio – if you would like to buy them and pick up before the workshop date, please email us or ask after a class.
Please dress in layers for this workshop, as your body temperature drops in the meditative states. Socks, long-sleeved shirts and full-length pants are recommended for this quieting practice.
$35 per person for Annual + Autopay Members
$40 per person for all others